Foods Poisonous To Pets

Foods Poisonous To Pets

Everybody knows that our pets aren’t assumed to consume people food. But sometimes it happens. When you’re cooking meals something may fall on the floor, and your pet is immediately there, eating up the crumbs, or he steals something off the table when you aren’t aware.

Reading this article you can find useful information about cat adoption Toronto and different products that may be toxic to your pet.

There are only small amounts of “human foods” that are healthy for pets. However, there is much food that can be dangerous to our canine friends and feline companions.

Foods Poisonous To Pets

Some foods can be toxic to your cat or dog. You should prevent your pet from eating the following foods.

  • Foods with a high fat or salt content. Undue fats can result in stomach upset and possibly provoke the pancreas leading to pancreatitis. Excessive salt in foods can cause a risk for the sodium ion toxicosis. If your pet consumes food with a high salt or fat content, he might suffer from vomiting and diarrhea.
  • Grapes and raisins can be poisonous to dogs causing kidney diseases. Some vets say that there are only certain breeds of dogs are affected by the toxicity of raisins and grapes. However, they advise not to feed raisins or grapes to dogs in any case.
  • Raw yeast dough can provoke sharp stomach pain in your pet. It can possibly cause the guts to rupture. If the dough is cooked this jeopardy diminishes.
  • Many pet owners declare that they feed their cats or dogs avocados safely and their pets have no problems with their health. Nevertheless, researchers claim that their fruit, leaves, bark, and seeds contain a toxic substance called Persin. This can be dangerous for your pet causing great stomach problems in your pets.
  • Garlic and onions can provoke stomach irritation and red blood cell injury. No matter, if the onion is cooked or raw, it can lead to serious health problems your pet may have. Dogs are less susceptible than cats, but it can be poisonous to both.
  • Xylitol sweetened products can provoke liver injury and even may be lethal in some more susceptible dogs. Many products such as candies, chewing gum, cookies and toothpaste can contain xylitol. Be aware not to give these foods to your pets.
  • Chocolate, coffee, and alcohol are the most dangerous products that can be lethal. They cause diarrhea, excessive thirst, vomiting, urination, panting and hyperactivity.
  • Undercooked eggs or meat can carry hurtful bacteria causing indigestion, diarrhea, and vomiting.
  • Small bones can provoke a choking hazard to your pet. They can also splint and rupture your pet’s gut.
    Tremors, vomiting, hyperthermia, and weakness can be caused by Macadamia nuts.

What should you do if your pet has eaten something toxic?

If you noticed any symptoms of intoxication you should immediately bring your pet to the nearest emergency vet center or to your vet. In case if you have seen your pet ingest something toxic, don’t wait for symptoms and take urgent measures as his condition can speedily worsen.

When you adopt the dog, a clever pet or a cat, remember to feed your pet proper products to provide a safe and healthy life.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts